LiquiBase 1.5.0 Released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
LiquiBase Core 1.5.0 is now available for download from http://www.liquibase.org/download. LiquiBase is an open source database version control and refactoring library that supports mulitple database types and integrates with many popular tools including Ant, Maven, Grails, Spring, IntelliJ and Eclipse.
1.5.0 includes a major code refactoring as well as several important enhancements and bug fixes including:IMPROVED SCHEMA SUPPORT
There is now a "defaultSchemaName" parameter available for setting default schema. This schema will be used for all ambiguous database objects as well as for storing the databasechangelog and databasechangeloglock tables.
IMPROVED ANT TASKS
Ant support has been greatly expanded and now covers most of the functionality available in the command line application. See http://www.liquibase.org/manual/ant for more information.
- Custom Database implementations can be specified with the databaseClassName parameter
- ReplaceIfExists attribute added to createView
- createTable can specify uniqueConstraintName
- Setting value/valueNumeric/valueBoolean/valueDate on addColumn will update all existing rows with the given value
- Database table comments saved to generated change log
- Changelog file comparisons are case-insensitive on windows
- Rollback commands can specify contexts
Published at DZone with permission of Nathan Voxland. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.