Lucene and Solr 3.3
Only a few weeks passed since the release of 3.2 version Lucene and Solr (change list) and today we have another release numbered 3.3. In the newest version there are a few functionalities worth looking at, especially when we talk about Solr.
- The spellchecker module now includes autocomplete functionality with three implementations
- Support for merging results from multiple shards
- An optimized implementation of KStem library – stemmer for English
- Improvements to MMapDirectory
- NRTManager which simplifies handling near real time search with multiple search threads
- Field collapsing functionality which allows results grouping
- KStemFilterFactory – filter factory which allows using optimized version of KStem library
- The default merge policy used by Solr is now TieredMergePolicy
- A new, automaton-based, autocomplete implementation
- Improvements from Apache Lucene 3.3
The newest version of Lucene library can be found at the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. The newest version of Solr search engine can be found at the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 3.3 version of Lucene and Solr.