Lucene and Solr 4.9
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
This week Apache Lucene and Solr PMC announced another version of Apache Lucene library and Apache Solr search server numbered 4.9. This is a next release continuing the 4th version of both Apache Lucene and Apache Solr.
Here are some of the changes that were made comparing to the 4.8.1:
- New default format – Lucene49NormsFormat
- Numerous search time doc values performance improvements
- New posting format (IDVersionPostingsFormat) optimized for fields holding unique identifiers
- All Lucene files are now written using OutputStream on all platforms
- Support for re-ranking top N query results
- New doc transformer allowing to include nested documents in results
- Ability to specify minimal replication factor for an update request
- Optimizations and bugfixes from Lucene 4.9
Apache Lucene 4.9 library can be downloaded from the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. Apache Solr 4.9 can be downloaded at the following URL address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 4.9 version of Lucene and Solr.
Published at DZone with permission of Rafał Kuć, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.