LWE 2.1 Adds Support for Drools + Crawler Scheduling
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Read the LWE Software Review to get a better picture of what it can do...
Today Lucid announced an update to their LWE software. Here were some of the highlights:
- Ability to schedule external data source crawling
- New connectors for high-speed Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS),
- Twitter and Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS)
- New framework to build custom connectors
Business Rules Integration
- Out-of-the-box integration with Drools Business Rules Management System (BRMS)
- New framework for integrating other BRMSs
- Ability to integrate business processes to influence search results and relevancy, modify facets, sort, and filter parameters, and divert search queries to a landing page. Business rules also allow businesses to modify the documents during the indexing process.
- Creation and configuration of fields directly from the user interface and REST API
- Schema-free configuration
Advanced Memory Settings
- Ability to manage buffer and cache settings directly from a secure admin user interface
Additional Important Enhancements
- Configuration of real-time search directly from the user interface
- Ability to crawl and index data at web scale through Nutch integration
- Ability to promote documents to the top of the search results
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.