Manage Non-Cloud Dev+Test Environment With a Cloud Hat On
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Over the years I've moved from Production to Test to Development and back to Production.
This presentation is a summary of my learnings along the way:
- After running larger production environments I wondered how it would be different in the cloud
- What would be extra if you already have configmt, continouous delivery etc..
- I learned that selfservicing and API's can make a huge difference
- and I plea for more IT companies to apply these principles in their internal IT.
- not only for machine provisioning , but also for logging, monitoring, etc ..
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.