Merge, Split Presentation, Update PDF Form Fields & Set Cell Formula in Cloud
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What's New in this Release?
We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose for Cloud 188.8.131.52. With this new release, create, read, manipulate and export features are greatly improved. You can create Microsoft PowerPoint presentations from scratch, merge presentations, split presentations, export all or specific slides to HTML, set export options, add new slides, copy existing slides, change position of slides and work with different sections of your slides including comments, font settings, background, height, width and aspect ratio. You can also update form fields in your PDF files as well as set AutoFit rows option for Microsoft Excel workbooks or worksheets and set formula for a cell in the worksheet. Many other enhancements have been made to all Aspose for Cloud APIs and you can also save your output documents to storage or get in response body. Following is the categorized list of enhancements.
- Create PowerPoint presentations – This feature lets you create presentations from scratch. You just need to use presentation resource and send a PUT request to create empty presentation on Aspose for Cloud or third party storage. Newly created presentation can then be downloaded using the download file example.
- Merge multiple presentations – This feature allows you to take all or selected slides from multiple Microsoft PowerPoint presentations and then merge them into a new presentation in your required order. You can use mergePresentations resource and send a POST request (sending presentation paths in request body) to merge all slides and send a PUT request (sending presentation paths and indexes of selected slides in the request body) to merge selected slides in your specified order. This feature can also be used in combination with the create PowerPoint presentations feature to create new presentations from existing presentations.
- Split PowerPoint presentations – This feature allows you to split all or specific slides of a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation to individual images or HTML. All you need to do is use splitDocument resource and send a POST request. Response will contain a list links to split files which can be used to download split files using download file example. splitDocument resource supports format, from, to, height, width and destFolder optional parameters. Split files can be saved to Aspose or third party storage.
- Set export options – This feature allows you to set PDF or HTML options while converting a presentation to PDF or HTML respectively. You can set JpegQuality parameter to change the image quality and control the size of output PDF and set pdfPassword to password protect output PDF. You can also set SaveAsZip parameter to get output HTML as a ZIP. See the Export Options section of the presentation resource for a detailed list of export options.
- Add new slides – This feature lets you add a new empty slide to a PowerPoint presentation. You can use slides resource and send a POST request for this purpose.
- Copy existing slides – This feature lets you create a copy of existing slides to your specified location. The slides resource with POST request can be used for this purpose.
- Change position of slides – This feature lets you change the position of an existing slide using slides resource with POST request.
- Get comments of a Slide – This feature lets you read comments added to a slide. GET method of comments resource can be used for this purpose.
- Work with background – This feature allows you to read background information or remove background of a slide. You can use background resource and send GET or DELETE requests respectively to get or delete background.
- Auto fit rows – This feature allows you to automatically adjust height and width of cells in Excel workbooks or worksheets. This feature was added to resolve in rendering multiline cells. Without this feature, output documents show only first line of the multiline cells but if you set isAutoFit parameter of workbook resource to true, you will see correct output while converting Excel documents with multiline cells.
- Set formula for a cell – This feature lets you set formula for a cell. You can use any formula supported by Microsoft Excel. Formula parameter has been supported for cell resource to pass a formula for a cell.
- Update form fields – This feature allows you to update form fields in a PDF. You can change location, size, type and values of a form field. PUT method of field resource can be used for this purpose.
In addition to the above features, several bugs have been fixed and several enhancements have been made to Aspose for Cloud APIs.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose for Cloud documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose for Cloud for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose for Cloud
Aspose for Cloud is a cloud-based document generation, conversion and automation platform for developers that offer a unique suite of APIs to work with Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, PDFs, and email formats and protocols. It supports all features for file processing, document scanning, barcodes creation and recognition, and allows extracting text or images too. You can also work with SaaSpose APIs using REST SDKs that can be called from .NET, Java, PHP and Ruby etc.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.