Microsoft BizSpark initiative for Start-Ups
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Last week we launched Microsoft BizSpark, an exciting new offering that enables software startups to leverage Microsoft development and platform technologies to deliver next generation web and Software + Services applications. It has been over 6 months in the making and it is such a relief to now be able to talk about it openly :)
Microsoft BizSpark is designed to accelerate the success of early stage startups by providing access to:
- Software: fast and easy access to Microsoft's current full-featured development tools, platform technologies, and production licenses of server products for immediate use in developing and bringing to market innovative and interoperable solutions
- Support: professional technical support from Microsoft (MSDN) and community support from BizSpark "Network Partners" around the world who provide a wide range of support resources for software startups (e.g., entrepreneur incubators, associations, & investors)
- Visibility: global visibility to an audience of potential investors, clients, and partners. Startups have the opportunity to complete a profile in the online Startup directory (BizSparkDB) which highlights promising companies, including the "BizSpark Startup of the Day"
BizSpark is available to startups that fit the following criteria:
- A private company building a software-based product or service (not intended for consultants/SIs - Microsoft Action Pack is the entry level program for those partners)
- In business for less than 3 years
- Less than $1M in revenue
- Nominated by a Network Partner (referrals are also facilitated by the BizSpark portal)
There is no cost to enter the program and you can participate for up to 3 years. There is a nominal $100 fee at the time of exiting the program.
- Eligible startups should get more detail on the program from http://www.microsoftstartupzone.com/BizSpark
- Go to www.microsoft.com/bizspark and identify a Network Partner they'd like to engage. If you are a US-based startup, you can contact our BizSparkBizDesk (866-833-0848) with any enrollment questions.
- Download the bits, connect with a designated hoster, and build your solution
- Tell the world! Highlight your company/solution via http://microsoftstartupzone.com/BizSparkDB
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.