Mobile App Feedback #7
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
- There’s no way (currently) to get back to the settings after first launch. (As you’ve requested location permission this should be a cause to fail marketplace submission)
- On the first panorama item, I would expect to be able to tap the map image to be able to do something.
- It might be good to have a quick way to [do something] in either direction. Without having to create 2 [items].
- The panorama background image doesn't appear to relate to the functionality and content of the app.
- There doesn’t appear to be a way to un-favourite a[n item].
- Rather than “Tap to add X” you could just use “add X” as the tapping is implied. Similar also in other places.
- On the X screen:
- It strikes me that the available space could be used much better used.
- Do you need the title? I don’t think so.
- The transition between “X” and “Y” isn’t obvious. I wondered for a bit what these terms meant. Could you make this clearer for the user? On the first few uses of the app at least?
- Showing the time that the last location information was received might be a useful addition.
- When status is “Z” it would be good to also indicate that the app will try and get a location again soon. I did wonder when I first saw this.
- The help screen seems completely superfluous and this information could be added elsewhere.
- It would be good if the "contact support" option indicated it was going to try and send an email.
- I'm not sure that putting the views in a pivot is the best option. I keep accidentally navigating between pivot items when trying to [manipulate the content on screen].
- The speed of rotation of the 3D model can be quite fast which can make it hard to get the exact position desired. I noticed this when trying to get back to the original view.
- Could you add a double tap option which would automatically revert the image to the default view?
- Add support for tombstoning
- remember the selected pivot item
- if the [content has been manipulated] then remember this also
- While it's not possible to use the checkboxes to select more than 6 objects, if you have 6 selected and then add another this is automatically selected and you end up with 7 selected and it doesn't complain.
- Why can't I edit an item? - even if only the ones I create.
- your terminology alternates between "item" and "object" within the app.
Here's what one of the creators of the apps thought of my feedback:
"thanks a lot, this is extremely helpful! Running the app I agree with every single point you make (and can't understand how I did not notice these issues before...)"
Published at DZone with permission of Matt Lacey, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.