What's going on in mobile and IoT development? VisionMobile has a pretty good idea - they've got a research report on the topic coming in February - but they can't know what developers are thinking unless developers tell them. So, they're running a survey!
It's fairly quick - about ten minutes, according to VisionMobile's announcement - covering the developer trends in IoT and Mobile. They provide a few examples of what kinds of questions you might run into:
Do you see more opportunity in Wearables, Smart Homes or Connected Cars? Who's making money from apps - and how? Are iOS developers adopting Swift? Is the web vs. native debate still relevant?
If you're just interested in the loot, though, don't worry: there are prizes. Once the survey closes, there will be a drawing with these devices up for grabs:
- An iPhone 6
- A Google Nexus 5
- A Lumia 930
- A BlackBerry Z30
There's also a more involved role participants can take - VisionMobile calls it the developer panel - which is a group that will be contacted more regularly (no more than once a month, the announcement assures). Taking on this role offers another set of possible prizes:
- One Oculus Rift Developers Kit Dk2 (value of $750 USD)
- One Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Quadricopter (worth $375 USD)
- One Nest Learning Thermostat - 2nd Generation (value of $249 USD)
- One Samsung Gear Live Smartwatch (worth $198 USD)
- One Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity (worth $108 USD)
- One CanaKit Raspberry Pi B+ Ultimate Starter Kit (worth $70 USD)
So, if you've got a few free minutes and want to contribute your thoughts, opinions, and experiences to some IoT and mobile research, check out VisionMobile's survey. You can also find some of their other reports at Developer Economics.