MongoDB 3.1.6 has been released. As a reminder, 3.1.6 is a development release and is not intended for production use. The 3.1 series will evolve into 3.2, which will be for production.
This release has a number of user facing features that will be of general interest. Please check out the new 3.1 Release Notes page in our documentation for details on how to configure and use these new features. Link is at the bottom of this message.
New/fixed in this release:
- SERVER-533 Aggregation stage to randomly sample documents
- SERVER-3518 Bitwise query operators
- SERVER-18921 Index 2DSphere points at finest level
- SERVER-18531 Integrate spidermonkey as a new js-engine
- SERVER-19072 More compact 2dsphere geo index format
- SERVER-19189 Improve performance under high number of threads with WT
- SERVER-19345 Keyfile support for encrypted storage engine
- SERVER-13732 Predicates in top-level implicit AND query not considered when generating index access plan for contained OR
- SERVER-18875 Oplog performance on WT degrades over time after accumulation of deleted items
- TOOLS-798 mongodump single collection to stdout is broken
- TOOLS-813 Different_collection and different_db tests failing
As always, please let us know of any issues.