Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Download the Essential Cloud Buyer’s Guide to learn important factors to consider before selecting a provider as well as buying criteria to help you make the best decision for your infrastructure needs, brought to you in partnership with Internap.
If you get your slave into production soon, you should make sure that you know how to take care of it when something goes wrong.
Knowing that the slave is stuck can monitored using open source tools like Nagios and its MySQL plugins.
In general it is wise to have such a tool to monitor all your system
and business aspect including the web server and login rates.
How do I know that my slave is stuck or not?
- Connect to MySQL on the slave using permitted user.
- Run the show slave status\G command.
- The result should include the following lines with a Yes value. If any of them is No, there is a problem:
It is stuck, What should I do?
Get into production!
- Connect to the file system with a permitted user.
- Check the values of the replication error log and take care according to it (tail -n 50 /var/lib/mysql/responder3.spd.co.il.err).
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Internap. Read Bare-Metal Cloud 101 to learn about bare-metal cloud and how it has emerged as a way to complement virtualized services.