MQ Visual Edit v1.6.0
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Capitalware Inc. would like to announce the official release of MQ Visual Edit v1.6.0.
This is a FREE upgrade for ALL licensed users of MQ Visual Edit. MQ Visual Edit allows users to view, manipulate and manage messages in a queue of a WebSphere MQ (formally MQSeries) queue manager and presents the data in a simplified format similar to a database utility or spreadsheet program.
For more information about MQ Visual Edit go to:
- Changes for MQ Visual Edit v1.6.0:
- Added 3 new columns to the main windows when displaying MQMD: MsgIdInHex, CorreldInHex and GroupIdInHex
- Added a new feature called "Search MQMD", it is under MQMD menu item. The Search MQMD feature supports searching on the following MQMD fields: MsgID, CorrelID, GroupID, UserID, Appl Id Data, Appl Origin Data and Format.
- Added a gutter/line number column and a status line to the Raw Data tabs of the Message Edit window
- Added a copy and find commands for the Hex Data and EBCDIC Data tabs of the Message Edit window
- Added 3 new stand-alone Tools: Hex Converter, Hex Editor and XML Editor
- Hex Converter can convert a hexadecimal number to its corresponding string representation and vice versa. i.e. 0x'3132333041424344' to '1230ABCD'.
- Hex Editor allows the user to edit a file in a HEX display.
- XML Editor allows the user to edit an XML file in a tree display.
- Added a gutter/line number column and a status line to the Text Editor and Tail File Tools
- Added the ability to launch the tools in a separate JVM
- Fixed a bug in the XML Message Editor that was not properly saving the message back to the queue
- Fixed a bug with DOCTYPE handling in the XML Message Editor
- Updated docs (English only)
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.