Similar to plugins, these packages make Atom do magical things. These packages make the lives of developers and programmers very easy, so knowing some of them is very important.
Atom makes the code writing process speedy and hence contributes to the DevOps practice in an organization.
Atom is simple and handy for tasks done by a wide variety of audiences. Be it editing a huge code base or writing a simple automation script, it proves to be a clean solution.
Every developer now using Atom for their day to day activities to ease the development process.
Some Features of Atom
1. Atom works across operating systems. You can use it on OS X, Windows, or Linux.
2. Search for and install new packages or start creating your own — all from within Atom.
3. Atom helps you write code faster with a smart, flexible autocomplete.
4. Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
5. Split your Atom interface into multiple panes to compare and edit code across files.
6. Find, preview, and replace text as you type in a file or across all your projects.
Here are some pretty cool Atom packages.
Jumpy: For easy navigation of your code.
Atom Pair: Live editing is possible with this package. Remote pairing within the Atom text editor.
Pretty JSON: For formatting JSON documents.
Blame: To backtrack the code and its originator.
Terminal-Plus: For accessing terminal inside Atom.
Let me know the packages that you have already installed on your computer and which is your favorite one.