AngularJS is one of the most preferred frameworks for web developers who aspire to design a web app in a dynamic manner. If you are a developer hoping to start a project on AngularJS, you may need help sifting through the numerous tools out there...
At ValueCoders, we did our research to ease the burden of developing with AngularJS. Here are twenty of the latest tools for testing, front-end development, IDE editor, text editor, elite libraries, modules, extensions, code generator, Grid tools, and more.
I'll first offer up my top three favorite Angular JS testing frameworks as per their usefulness:
1. Karma – It is one of my favorite testing frameworks for AngularJS development. It provides the perfect testing environment, allowing you to test the app on real browsers and real devices such as phones and tablets.
2. Protractor – It is an end-to-end test framework. This Node.js program is built on top of WebDriverJS. It runs tests in a real browser, interacting with the app as any normal user would.
Apart from my top three favorite AngularJS tools, there are many others as well, such as:
4. Djangular – It is a reusable app providing better app integration with AngularJS. With the help of this tool, you can create AngularJS content per app.
5. Ment.io – This tool introduces mentions and macros widget with no dependencies on jQuery. You can apply the ment.io directive directly to any element and it accepts selectable text inputs.
6. Angular Kickstart – This tools speeds up your AngularJS development and comes with a scalable build system that makes the development process a cakewalk.
7. AngularFire – With this tool, you can easily create a backend for your Angular app. Its flexible API, 3-way data binding, and rapid development capabilities ease development.
9. SublimeText – This is the best text code editor for developers and makes coding easier than ever. Many developers prefer to use this more than other text editors.
10. Restangular– This tool simplifies common GET, POST, DELETE, and UPDATES requests and requires minimum client code. It is ideal for any WebApp consuming data from a RESTful API.
11. Generator Angular – With the help of this tool you would be able to quickly set up a project with sensible defaults. It generates all the boilerplate that you need to get started with your app project.
12. NG-Inspector – This browser extension for Chrome and Safari will add an inspector pane which helps you in developing, debugging, and understanding your AngularJS applications. It easily identifies and displays each scope using Controllers and Directives.
13. Angular Seed – This is an application skeleton for your typical AngularJS web app and is you can apply to quickly bootstrap the angular app projects along with the dev environment for these projects.
14. Code Orchestra – This front-end development tool allows you to write code live-style. When you modify the code and save it, they are automatically implemented in the working application using a special protocol.
15. Videogular – It is an HTML5-based video player for AngularJS and it allows you to include videos and other multimedia elements in your app with ease.
17. Angular GetText – Developers term this as the super simple translation support tool for AngularJS. You can simply type the text in English, mark it for translation, and the tool executes the rest.
18. Angular Deckgrid – This is a lightweight grid for AngularJS where your directive doesn’t depend on the visual representation. It uses a CSS file for all the visual representation.
19. Angularjs UI – This tool is a collection of UI components and comes with utility directives that help you build Angular applications faster. It uses raw directives such as ui-router, ui-map, and ui-calendar instead of widgets.
20. Mean – It is a simple and perfect boilerplate that AngularJS developers use to create MongoDB, Node.js, Express, and AngularJS apps. It comes with pre-bundled and configured modules such as Mongoose and Passport.