Houston! We Have Apps!
It's that time of year again, and we are here to help. If you are participating in this years NASA Space Apps Challenge, below you will find the resources you need to do cool stuff like, Machine Learning, Facial Recognition, emotion tracking, and more.
But first things first, to get started, you will need to grab yourself some free Microsoft Cloud to do your computations, and Microsoft Azure has you covered.
Getting Connected – Setting Up Your Azure Pass
You should have received an Azure Pass from your organizer; all you need to do is take that card and head over to http://sogeek.us/getazurepass for step by step instructions on how to get set up.
Getting Started Tutorials
- Overview of Project Oxford
- Computer Vision API
- Face Recognition (detection, verification, emotion recognition)
- Speech to Text
- Text to Speech
- Speaker Identification
- SignUp (Free Tier)
- AzureML Playground (without Azure Pass) (with Azure Pass, you will find in portal.azure.com )
- Machine Learning Videos
- Azure Virtual Machine Documentation
- Video – Building a Linux Virtual Machine
- Tutorial – Create a Linux Virtual Machine
- Video – Create a Virtual Machine running Windows
- Tutorial – Create a Windows Virtual Machine
If you are looking for some inspiration for your hack, check out the video below.