The WakaTime plugin tracks time by project, branch, language, among other things for individual developers as well as teams. Here’s what the dashboard looks like:
Start by creating an account at https://wakatime.com.
Then to install the plugin, do the following:
1. Get the plugin. Download the plugin from http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/56647
2. Install the plugin. Inside your IDE, select Tools -> Plugins -> Downloaded -> Add Plugins…
Select the downloaded NBM file. Check WakaTime and click the Install button.
Follow the wizard instructions to complete the installation. Keep in mind, WakaTime depends on Python being installed to work correctly.
3. Enter your API key. Get the key from https://wakatime.com/settings#apikey and, after entering it, click OK.
4. Do your work. Use NetBeans IDE like you normally do. The WakaTime plugin runs in the background, automatically tracking when you are programming.
5. See the results. Go to the WakaTime Dashboard (https://wakatime.com) in a browser to see your programming stats.