Good news out there. The recent nightly builds of NetBeans (apparently upcoming 8.0.1) already contain the latest WildFly Plugin. So you don't need to add it manually and can start working with your favorite application server right away.
Try it out and grep the latest nightly build. Please keep in mind, that the nightly builds are developer builds and shouldn't be expected to be stable.
Some first steps to get started:
- Download WildFly 8.1.0.Final
- Install by simply unzipping into your favorite location
- Download NetBeans Nightly for your platform
- Install into a location of your choice
- File > New Project > [Java Web | Maven] > Web Application
- Give it a Name and Location and finally
- Add a Server and select "WildFly Application Server"
If you find something make sure to file a bug. Don't forget to follow Emmanuel Hugonnet (@ehsavoie, G+, blog) who is the creator of the plugin.