Listen to the latest NetBeans News recorded by the NetBeans team for the NetBeans community.Download: 51 minutes – 41.2 MB
Subscribe to the NetBeans Podcast on iTunes
Visit the NetBeans Podcast blog.
NetBeans Community News with Geertjan and Tinu
- NetBeans at JavaOne 2011: Check out the complete listing of NetBeans-related events at the conference!
- Want more NetBeans after JavaOne? Sign up for the NetBeans Platform Certified Training course presented by Eppleton and Marakana.
- It's election season for the NetBeans Governance Board. Send in nominees for the 19th Term. You can also nominate yourself!
NetBeans @ JavaOne 2011 Interview: Sven Reimers
Software architect and NetBeans Dream Team member Sven Reimers will be a busy man at this year's conference. The veteran JavaOne presenter and Duke award winner (2009) gives a quick summary of the FOUR sessions he'll be leading and co-presenting in San Francisco:
- The Final Frontier: Rich Client Platform with JavaFX 2.0
- JVM Language Mashup Using NetBeans RCP
- The Enterprise RCP: NetBeans RCP with JavaFX 2.0 Controls
- Setting Sail: Opening New Horizons in RCP Development
NetBeans @ JavaOne 2011 Interview: Anton Chechel
NetBeans IDE 7.1 Beta makes its first appearance the week of JavaOne, with support for JavaFX 2.0 as its central theme. NetBeans software engineer Anton Chechel discusses JavaFX highlights in the upcoming Beta release, as well as where to see these features in action--at his JavaFX sessions at JavaOne, of course!
- JavaFX 2.0 Visual Workflow Editor
It's never too late to reinvent yourself--with NetBeans! You'll find out why in this [earlier recorded] chat with NetBeans Platform consultant and author Toni Epple. Also a member of the NetBeans Dream Team, Epple talks about the successful premiere of NetBeans Day Munich, an event he organized; how he got his start with the NetBeans Platform and became a well-known consultant and evangelist; and why his career "switch" turned out to be healthier for him.
The pitfalls of making incompatible API changes!
Have ideas for NetBeans Podcast topics? Send them to nbpodcast at netbeans dot org.