NetBeans Podcast #57: NetBeans 7.1 Beta, JavaOne Recap, Earthquake Analysis with NetBeans
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Listen to the latest NetBeans News recorded by the NetBeans team for the NetBeans community.
NetBeans Community News with Geertjan and Tinu
NetBeans at JavaOne 2011
- Geertjan returns from a successful JavaOne and gives a trip report.
- NetBeans IDE 7.1 Beta launches at the conference. (Video)
- Sodbeans, a NetBeans based project, wins a Duke's Choice Award.
- Download slides for NetBeans-related sessions at the conference.
NetBeans First Patch Program
- A new initiative that teaches NetBeans IDE users how to submit patches to an open-source project. First-time contributors get mentors who guide them through the process. This Dzone article explains more.
- NetBeans First Patch Program wiki page
NetBeans Governance Board Elections Kicks Off
- Learn more about the six distinguished candidates and then cast your votes!
- Election ends at midnight, Monday, Oct. 24 in the last time zone.
Interview with David Strupl, NetBeans IDE 7.1 Release BossIn this chat with David Strupl, we cover the recent Beta release of NetBeans IDE 7.1 and discuss what's new and noteworthy, such as JavaFX 2.0 support, the new Visual Debugger and more. Is there a feature or enhancement request or bug fix that you want in NetBeans? David talks about how NetBeans users do and can have a say in what is addressed in each release.
Interview with Ernest Lotter, Institute of Mine SeismologyErnest Lotter is a researcher and mathematician at IMS, the world leader in monitoring micro-earthquakes for the mining industry. The company's product suite is based completely on the NetBeans Platform. On a recent trip to Prague, Ernest visited the NetBeans team and gave a presentation about IMS's introduction to and use of NetBeans; he also sat down for a podcast interview.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.