Podcast Guests: Anton Arhipov (JRebel), Jan Pirek (NetBeans), Dmitry Sotnikov (Jelastic)
NetBeans Community News with Geertjan and Tinu
- NetBeans IDE 7.3.1 released with full Java EE 7 Support
- JavaOne 2013 session acceptances are out!
- Nominations are open for 2013 Duke's Choice Awards. (Deadline: Monday, July 22)
10:30 - NetBeans Plugin Portal Updates: Jan Pirek
- The NetBeans Plugin Portal has had many significant updates in the past year. The technical maestro behind the revamp is Jan Pirek, the long-time NetBeans.org Webmaster. Making his first guest appearance on the NetBeans Podcast, Jan talks about his role on the NetBeans team, what changes have been made to the portal, features that are coming up, and how users can provide feedback.
20:13 - JRebel Interview: Anton Arhipov, Product Manager, ZeroTurnaround
- JRebel allows developers to make changes to their code and see results immediately without the need to redeploy. ZeroTurnaround Product Manager Anton Arhipov chats with Geertjan about how JRebel works, the plugin integration with NetBeans IDE, and what the ZeroTurnaround team is working on next.
36:15 - Jelastic Interview: Dmitry Sotnikov, COO, Jelastic
- Jelastic is a Java and PHP cloud hosting platform that can run and scale any Java or PHP application with no code changes required. In May, the Jelastic team announced the platform's integration with the NetBeans IDE. Jelastic COO Dmitry Sotnikov and Geertjan discuss the features of the new Jelastic-NetBeans plugin and the benefits for NetBeans users.