Podcast Guests: David Strupl (NetBeans); Mark Stephens (IDR Solutions); John Brock (Oracle, Project Easel)
NetBeans Community News with Geertjan and Tinu
- NetBeans IDE 7.4 has been released, and we read out a few "favorite" tweets (carldea, MukDaGr8, glen_a_smith, realreyez) about the new release.
- Geertjan traveled to OreDev (Video: Unlocking the Java EE Platform with HTML5) and Devoxx, and now prepares for DroidCon and Java2Days.
- Watch our latest video series: AngularJS for Busy Developers Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3; and AngularJS meets Java EE 7
- Coming up in NetBeans.next? Karma and Grunt support, and videos from Geertjan demonstrating these features.
- HTML5 corner: How are you using HTML5 support in NetBeans? Let us know and be a podcast guest!
09:09 - NetBeans JDK 8 Support: David Strupl, NetBeans Engineering Manager
David Strupl, the engineering lead for NetBeans 7.4, discusses JDK 8 support in the recent release, and gives a preview of what to expect in NetBeans 8.
- Video: JDK 8 Support in NetBeans IDE
- Tutorial: Overview of JDK 8 Support in NetBeans IDE
- What's coming up in NetBeans 8.0?
16:10 - Community Interview: Mark Stephens, IDR Solutions at DevFest Turkey 2013
Mark Stephens is the founder of IDR Solutions, a UK software company that specializes in PDF and HTML5 solutions, and a popular JavaPDF reader. A long-time NetBeans user, Mark takes us through his NetBeans beginnings and into the recent DevFest Istanbul conference where he gave a presentation on NetBeans, HTML5 and GlassFish.
29:12 - NetBeans HTML5 Support: John "JB" Brock, Oracle Product Manager
- Learn more about HTML5 support in NetBeans IDE