Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Trustin Lee - the developer behind Netty NIO client server framework announced today, that the new version 3.2.3 of Netty has been released:
Quoting interesting pieces from Trustins announcement:
What's new since 3.2.2.Final...
This release is a stability release which fixes 4 known bugs. Thank you everyone who waited for the fix so patiently! Here's the list of the fixed bugs:
- OutOfMemoryError in the HexDumpProxy example (Thanks to Erick Lichtas)
- WebSocket encoder didn't encode a WebSocket frame correctly (Thanks to Al Ag)
- There's no way to handle HTTP 'Expect: 100-continue' header properly (Thanks to Shay Banon)
- Channel.setReadable(boolean) sometimes leads to stall writes. (Thanks to Catherine Grogan and Lee Johnston)
About Upcoming Releases...
I am thinking of beginning Netty 4.0 which addresses the fundamental issues such as:
- upstream/downstream naming confusion
- OutOfMemoryError caused by too fast writes
- incomplete HTTP tunneling transport
- incomplete custom thread naming (DONE)
along with the following new features:
- HTTP file uploads
- IP-level firewall
- traffic counter / shaper
- JMX integration
- HTTP and SOCKS proxy support on the client side
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.