Recently finished work on a new book for the beginning ActiveMQ user, "Instant Apache ActiveMQ Messaging Application Development How-to" published by Packt Publishing. The book is a fast paced walk through as the basic skills needed to work with Apache ActiveMQ. At 78 pages its a quick read and provides some helpful tips for some of the most common questions asked by those new to working with ActiveMQ. If you wanna win a free ebook copy, read my other post on the contest.
Some things that are covered in this book.
- Install and run an ActiveMQ Broker
- Set up a basic application developer environment for ActiveMQ using Apache Maven
- Write basic JMS applications using topics and queue to broadcast events
- Perform Request and Response style operations over JMS
- Write applications that embed ActiveMQ brokers directly into their own JVM
- Utilize ActiveMQ's fault tolerant features to develop robust client applications
- How to delay message sending using ActiveMQ's built in scheduler
The book is available in eBook form from Packt or you can also order a paperback copy on Amazon.