New Blog: Node.js on Windows Azure
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The goal: well, Matias puts it better than I could:
The intent of this website is to share anything related to node in the context of Windows and in the context of the Microsoft cloud platform, Windows Azure. Node in Windows is in its infancy so it's a good opportunity to share what we are learning throughout the process! This is by no means a Microsoft official blog, it's just a bunch of guys that happens to work together on this subject and decided to share their knowledge.
The reason: the Node.js community at large is quite strong; Matias and his friends know a lot about Azure.
In the past week or so, the blog already has six substantial posts:
- Windows Azure Startup task to run npm install to avoid deploying node modules
- Running wheat git-based blog engine on Windows Azure
- Accessing Azure Role Environment information from NodeJS
- Hosting multiple node applications in the same Windows Azure role instance
- Running socket.io on Windows Azure Web and Worker roles
- Using the Windows Azure SDK for Node.js on Heroku
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.