[img_assist|nid=774|title=|desc=|link=url|url=http://jmatter.org/pages/main|align=left|width=250|height=147]JMatter is a software framework for constructing workgroup business applications based on the Naked Objects Architectural Pattern. By following this pattern developers concentrate efforts in the domain and leave the common and generic taks to the framework, like persistence, ui scaffolding, reporting; in a similar way as the (G)Rails frameworks do for web applications. JMatter uses Swing as main view technology, allowing developers to experience the productivity acceleration of (G)Rails on the desktop.
A new release of the JMatter framework has been announced.
This release includes many interesting features like
- A Quicksilver (MacOsX) or Gnome-do (Linux) interface for quick command invocation
- Per command icons, great addition to the quicksilver interface
- Map support through swingx-ws, you can map any domain class that follows the conventions to be mappable
- Support "legacy' database schemas, in other words your domain adjusts to a previously existing db
- JMatter Application Browser (early stages), think of it as an application hub, capable of downloading, installing and managing JMatter applications on the host machine