New MissionKit Raises the Bar for Modeling Tools
The Coolest Feature
Smart Fix validation is probably the most interesting feature in the XML editor of XMLSpy, one of the flagship pieces of the MissionToolkit. With Smart Fix, in addition to reporting comprehensive information about validation errors, XMLSpy enumerates the possible corrections for fixing those errors and will make the required changes automatically, based on your selection.
But wait... What is XML Spy?
XMLSpy abstracts away the complexity of working with XML-based technologies through its intuitive user interface and rich variety of XML editing views and options. Five synchronized XML editing views allow you to work with any XML technology in a way that best suits the complexity of the document and your preferences, for instance, if you prefer to develop in a text view, graphical view, or switch back and forth between the two.
And one other new feature around XML Spy in this release is the ability to embed XSDs in WSDL documents in XMLSpy.
Map Force Supports SQL Stored Procedures
Here's a bit about MapForce, the other flagship piece of the MissionToolkit:
To use MapForce, simply open data sources and targets as mapping components, drop in data processing functions from the customizable libraries, and then drag connecting lines between the nodes you wish to associate. Mapping output is created in real-time.
The new stored procedures support allows you to start a data mapping project as:
- Input components (for stored procedures that provide results)
- Output components (for stored procedures that insert or update data in a database)
- Data processing function calls (allowing users to provide input data, execute the stored procedure, and read/map the output data to other components)
Finally, some of the other new features include:
- An API that allows developers to integrate XMLSpy, MapForce, StyleVision, and Authentic functionality seamlessly in custom Java applications for Windows.
- Watermarks XML, SQL database, and XBRL content in StyleVision - the visual designer for XSLT and reports.
So if any of these tools and features have intrigued you, you shoud go here and look for the fully-functional 30-day trial further down this page.