DeferredJava: A new non-blocking, thread-safe Deferred/Promise implementation for Java
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Deferred/Promise objects can be used to control the complex flow of asynchronous operations. There are several implementations of Deferred/Promises can be found in several languages. DeferredJava project is a new Deferred/Promises implementation for Java . It is completely open source and I have released its source code in Github under the Apache2 license. You can find the source code here, https://github.com/deferredjava/deferredjava.
- Completely non-blocking and thread safe
- Supports then with single callback and callback chain
- Supports down streaming of failures and notifications
- Supports when.all
- Has built in container for executing asynchronous tasks
- Can take Callable objects for asynchronous tasks
- Has RunnableDeferred and DeferredTasks to make creation of asynchronous tasks easier.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.