- VNC Client for NetBeans—This is a module that integrates the TightVNC Java VNC client (with much patching, which I have contributed back) into NetBeans, so that you can connect to a remote desktop inside NetBeans. Note you also need the TightVNC Library Module to install it.
- Breadcrumb—This was actually written in about 20 minutes at a trade show in Manila - a colleague said he wished we had a breadcrumb of recently visited files. So now we do. You can see it in the bottom right of the screen shot below.
- Color Chooser Component—This is a library that installs my single-mouse-gesture Color Chooser Java Bean into the component palette for use in Matisse. Jeremy Wood recently contributed a gorgeous color-wheel based component to the project which is also included. (web start demo here)
- Get A Tan—A module that turns the whole NetBeans UI sort of tan, and installs a similar editor theme. Probably a love it or hate it kind of thing, but if you don't like black-on-white UI's it might be for you.
- License Changer—This is a module which adds an action to any folder, Change License Headers. You supply a new header, and it will let you pick directories to exclude, give you a preview of what files it will change and let you exclude them, then it will mow through XML, Java and Properties files and replace or add license headers.
- Java List Navigator—This is a list (as opposed to Tree) Navigator view for Java files which features single click navigation, and lets you move methods and fields to different locations in your source file by dragging the method name, among other things. Note you also need the List Diffs library to use it.
Many New Plugins for NetBeans + Source Code (by Tim Boudreau)
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.