New QF-Test Development Version 3.3.0
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
QF-Test 3.3.0, the first release on the new development branch of Quality First Software's professional test automation tool, is now available for download from http://www.qfs.de/en/qftest/download.html. It is suitable for the automation of functional regression and load GUI testing.
Following is a short summary of the main new features:
* SWT Support was added for Eclipse/SWT version 3.6.1.
* Experimental support was added for Firefox 4 and Internet Explorer version 9.
* QF-Test now integrates well with the increasingly popular Continuous Integration system Hudson CI. This includes JUnit as an additional target format for QF-Test reports.
* Jython was updated to version 2.5.1. Most scripts should continue to run without problems. Incompatibilities may arise due to the changes in character encoding and because Java strings are now uniformly treated as unicode strings in Jython.
* Groovy was updated to version 1.7.2.
* Image checks are no longer restricted to testing for exact pixel-by-pixel equality. Several flexible algorithms now allow image checks with a configurable degree of deviation from the expected image.
QF-Test in general features easy to use capture/replay for effective recording of test cases for Java based (Swing, SWT, Eclipse plug-ins and RCP, ULC, Web Start, applets) and web-based applications (HTML, AJAX, GWT, ExtGWT, ExtJS, Qooxdoo, RAP and RichFaces). Advanced options like structuring and modularization strongly increase the reusability of system tests and thus reduce the maintenance effort. Expert functions like scripting in Jython or Groovy allows powerful under-the-surface access.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.