New report: Social Collaboration: Oracle
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
In a new report published today Angela Ashenden takes a look at Oracle’s social collaboration technology capabilities.
Although not well-known as a collaboration software player, Oracle hopes to turn things around with the recent release of its new, cloud-based social collaboration product offering, Oracle Social Network. This report outlines Oracle’s capabilities in the area of social collaboration and provides an independent view on considerations for customers and prospects.
- Oracle Social Network is a social collaboration platform for internal business scenarios
- Tight integration with Oracle Cloud Applications using Oracle’s Enterprise Social Objects framework
- Lack of customer references to date
- Poor support for social analytics currently (though included on the roadmap)
- Not a revenue-generating product for Oracle; not available as a standalone offering
- Company overview
- Oracle’s social collaboration offerings
- Business use cases and market positioning
- Key customer examples
- Implementation and services
- Integration and interoperability
- Roadmap and business strategy
- Considerations for customers and prospects
This report can be downloaded immediately by premium service subscribers, or can be purchased separately (see the report’s library page for more information).
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.