In a new report published today Angela Ashenden takes a look at IBM’s social collaboration technology capabilities.
As the first of the large software vendors to enter the social collaboration software space back in 2007, IBM has seen considerable success in this area, with its Connections product becoming the fastest growing new technology ever within IBM. Today IBM’s social collaboration portfolio spans both on-premise and the cloud, through the addition of its IBM SmartCloud for Social Business cloud-based collaboration solution. This report outlines IBM’s capabilities in the area of social collaboration and provides an independent view on considerations for customers and prospects.
- A rich and established social collaboration capability addressing a range of business scenarios
- Part of the broader IBM Social Business Platform suite of technologies
- A flexible technology supported by an extensive in-house consulting capability and a strong partner ecosystem
- On-premise Connections remains a much larger business than its cloud-based equivalent
- Company overview
- IBM’s social collaboration offerings
- Business use cases and market positioning
- Key customer examples
- Implementation and services
- Integration and interoperability
- Roadmap and business strategy
- Considerations for customers and prospects
This report can be downloaded immediately by premium service subscribers, or can be purchased separately (see the report’s library page for more information).