- Download the Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit
This release is definitely worth your time as it cleans up a lot of bugs that were reported on CodePlex. Obviously, being a new release, it's meant to work with the Mango 7.1 OS release.
Here's a summary of the changes from Jeff Wilcox's blog:
- ListPicker once again works in a ScrollViewer
- LongListSelector bug fixes around OutOfRange exceptions, wrong ordering of items, grouping issues, and scrolling events. ItemTuple is now refactored to be the public type LongListSelectorItem to provide users better access to the values in selection changed handlers.
- PerformanceProgressBar binding fix for IsIndeterminate (item 9767 and others)
- There is no longer a GestureListener dependency with the ContextMenu, WrapPanel, and ListPicker
- The GestureListener should be considered deprecated for all Windows Phone 7.1 SDK development. There is no direct replacement at this time, though the platform now supports events such as Tap right on visual elements.
- Updates the ExpanderView sample so that each individual item has its own tilt effect.
- Fixes PhoneTextBox bugs 9342 and 9345
- PhoneTextBox hides actionitem when empty
- ListPicker can be in horizontally scrollable views.
- ListPicker now only supports Tap for activation (before it supported any touch that began in bounds and stayed in bounds)
- The LongListSelector’s Background color now is used for the picker grid to enable better app/brand styling
- LongListSelector state name correction
- Comments added to clarify that ListPicker does not support UIElements directly by design since the framework only permits one instance of a UI Element in the tree at a time
- ExpanderView visual glitch fixed (9525)
- Additional null checks in ContextMenu visual state change methods
- ListPicker SelectedItems is now settable
- Small fixes to ToggleSwitch
- A startup crash correction in the gesture listener.
- The ExpanderView sample is documented better
- LockablePivot’s IsLocked property is now a dependency property
- RelativeTimerConverter fixes a UTC bug and no longer throws on future dates
- Fixes some reported issues with VB.NET samples
- Fixed a ToggleSwitchButton reanimation issue.
- Owner is a public property now on ContextMenu
- Handle listpicker selected item with a null items
- Fixes sample issues when building.
- Fixes build warnings.