Yesterday, Apache Lucene and Solr PMC announced another version of the Apache Lucene library and Apache Solr search server numbered 4.5. This is the next release continuing the 4th version of both Apache Lucene and Apache Solr.
Here are some of the changes that were made, compared to 4.4:
- Support for missing values in DocValues
- New in-memory DocIdSet implementation
- Known bugfixes and improvements
- Ability do define custom routing, with the ability to use field value as routing
- Ability to store solr.xml in ZooKeeeper
- Multi-threaded faceting
- CloudSolrServer can now send data directly to shard leader
- Enchantments that comes with Apache Lucene 4.5
Apache Lucene 4.5 library can be downloaded from the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. Apache Solr 4.5 can be downloaded at the following URL address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update, so not all of them will contain the 4.5 version of Lucene and Solr.