Todd is passionate about helping developers make the move from AngularJS 1.x to Angular 2. That passion fueled him to create ngMigrate, with the mission to provide as much information as possible to help you leverage and convert your Angular 1.x knowledge over to Angular 2. We’re also encouraging the Angular community to jump on board and contribute content as well. Todd and other contributors have been busy putting together educational guides to help you make the transition.
Now that you’re on your way to learning Angular 2 you’re going to want to check out Kendo UI for Angular 2, which has been designed specifically for Angular 2. Written in TypeScript, built as native jQuery-free UI components and distributed as NPM packages, Kendo UI for Angular 2 makes integrating UI components into ng2 a piece of cake for developers.
Below are links to some of the content already available on ngMigrate. Head to the bottom of any ngMirgrate page and enter your email address to get notified when new guides are published.
- Bootstrapping in the browser with Angular 2 Learn how to bootstrap an Angular 2 application.
- From ng-controller to Component Classes Find out how to start migrating Angular 1 controllers into Angular 2 component classes.
- From angular.module to ngModule Dig into this guide to learn how angular.module in Angular 1.x compares to ngModule in Angular 2.
- Component property binding with @Input() Learn about how to pass data into Angular 2 components through property binding.
- Component event binding with @Output() Discover how to emit data out of Angular 2 components to a parent component through event binding and EventEmitter.
- From ng-switch to ngSwitch You’ll learn how to use ngSwitch, the Angular 2 equivalent for ng-switch, in this guide.
- From ngAnimate to Angular 2 animate See how you can convert a simple CSS animation in Angular 1.x using ngAnimate to an animation in Angular 2.
- From ng-repeat to ngFor This tutorial will teach you how to use ngFor, the Angular 2 equivalent for ng-repeat.
- Creating an Angular 2 injectable Service Explore how to create an injectable Service in Angular 2.
- Creating a custom filter (pipe) in Angular 2 Create a pipe to filter a single value in this guide.
- Using Pipes in Angular 2 This tutorial explains how to use the new pipes functionality in Angular 2 that replaces filters from Angular 1.
Thanks for reading this and good luck learning Angular 2.