Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Running out of memory? Learn how Redis Enterprise enables large dataset analysis with the highest throughput and lowest latency while reducing costs over 75%!
extension to make writing unit and integration tests of systems that use
is a core framework and next-generation shell for tooling and automation at a command line level.
NoSQLUnit Forge Plugin
we can use
to create tests for
This plugin we can create three kind of tests depending on the lifecycle that is required:
- Embedded: typically used in unit testing which starts an embedded instance of required database (not supported by all engines).
- Managed: usually used during integration or high level tests, which starts a remote instance in the same computer where tests are run.
- Remote: which uses already run database instances, usually in remote computers.
In current version of plugin, it supports next databases:
When we execute the main command of this plugin, one
JUnit test configured with
NoSQLUnit features and one dataset file will be created.
Moreover the created test will contain one method for each
public method of development class under test.
The main command is
nosqlunit. Then the lifecycle, which can be
remote. And finally depending on the chosen lifecycle some the arguments.
The common arguments are:
- engine: we choose which database engine we want to use.
- databaseName: we set the name of the database under test.
- classname: we set the name of the test class created by the plugin.
- classUnderTest: full class name of the class we want to write a test.
There is no special arguments
- path: home directory where NoSQL database is installed.
- host: server address.
- port: server port.
So for example a valid command will be:
nosqlunit managed --engine MONGODB --path /opt/mongo --databaseName test --classname MyTest --classUnderTest com.example.MyClass.java
And it creates
MyTest test class under
/src/test/java/com/example and a dataset file in
As almost all
Forge plugins, you can install
NoSQLUnit Forge Plugin by calling
forge find-plugin nosqlunit and
forge install-plugin nosqlunit.
And finally remember that you can play with TAB to make your life easier.
Running out of memory? Never run out of memory with Redis Enterprise database. Start your free trial today.