Nuxeo Platform 5.7.1 is out! This is the first Fast Track version, using the newly launched versioning system, with Fast Tracks on odd numbered releases and Long Term Support on even numbered releases. And it’s available for download right now!
Key features of Nuxeo Platform 5.7.1 include:
- A completely refactored user interface for the Digital Asset Management module, so that the 3 panels (search, list / thumbnail, asset view with metadata) are configurable with Nuxeo Studio,
- Major improvements for Nuxeo Drive , with full support for macros, support for more content types and for custom content types, which is critical for business applications,
- Enhanced user experience, with saved search sharing, a workflow tab to group tasks and run bulk operations, and a CSV importer, among many other new features,
- Platform monitoring and collection of metrics using Yammer Metrics, with data accessible from JMX, Graphite or any backend supported by Metrics, and support for application-specific metrics,
- Full OSGi compliance for the Content Automation client, a fluid Java wrapper for the REST API which runs on the JVM or on Android,
- Optimizations and enhancements in the Nuxeo Visible Content Store, the content repository technology, such as support for Oracle on Amazon RDS and Microsoft SQL Server 2012, and faster update of complex properties,
- New authentication plugins for Kerberos, OAuth 2.0 and OpenID, in addition to a fully customizable authentication page,
- New Nuxeo Marketplace packages, including a permissions audit plugin and an integration with Jenkins that delivers easily readable continuous integration reporting.
Multiple contributions from partners and community members have been vetted and integrated into this new version of the Nuxeo Platform.