Obba: A Java Object Handler for Excel
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
obba provides a bridge from excel sheets to java classes.
with obba, you can easily build excel guis to java code.its main features are:
- loading of arbitrary jar or class files at runtime through an excel worksheet function.
- instantiation of java objects, storing the object reference under a given object label.
- invocation of methods on objects referenced by their object handle, storing the handle to the result under a given object label.
- asynchronous method invocation and tools for synchronization, turning your spreadsheet into a multi-threaded calculation tool.
- serialization and de-serialization (save serializable objects to a file, restore them any time later).
- all this though spreadsheet functions, without any additional line of code (no vba needed, no additional java code needed).
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.