Oddjob 1.0.0 Released - Task Automation
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Oddjob is an open source Java task automation and scheduling framework.
Oddjob is like Ant in that there are tasks (or jobs) for FTP, mail, SQL and shell execution, and it's configured with XML, but Oddjob also:
- Is designed to run on a server as well as the desktop.
- Has job by job visual configuration that configures jobs in place on the server.
- Supports drag and drop of jobs within servers or between servers.
- Has visual monitoring that shows job properties, server console output and log messages.
- Can retry a failed job.
- Has built in scheduling including holidays, last day of the month and much more.
- Jobs are just plain old Java Runnables so it's easy to extend without getting tied in.
Oddjob's license is Apache so it's commercially friendly and completely free.
For more information and download please see rgordon.co.uk/oddjob
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.