"Welcome to the first release of AvalonDock 2.0Finally I can upload the new release of AvalonDock. This new release is stable and includes many new features if compared to 1.3:
- AvalonDock 2.0 has been completely rewritten to take full advantage of the MVVM design.
- The layout model is now completely separated from the view controls; integration with frameworks like PRISM is easier and faster.
- I worked a lot to get the best performance especially when user move panes in floating window or set them as auto hidden.
- Floating windows can now be arranged together as it's possible in VS2010.
- The library itself is lighter because use only standard controls restyled like the TabControl or the Grid panel.
- Since first beta I fixed a lot of bugs; this version should be stable enough for most of the projects.
- Comes with two additional themes: VS2010 and Aero theme.
AVALONDOCK 2.0 RELEASED!
Hi all, I'm happy to announce that the first public release of AvalonDock 2.0 is published!
Here you can find some key concepts of the new version.
AvalonDock is a WPF controls library which can be used to create a docking layout system like that is present in VisualStudio. It supports fly-out panes, floating windows, multiple docking manager in same window, styles and themes and it can host WinForms controls.
- Supports MVVM design
- Almost everything can be restyled
- Support for Windows Forms controls
This is one of the libraries that is used in many projects yet doesn't always get the press and kudo's it's due. If you want docking windows behavior in your WinForm/WPF Desktop app's then you need to check out this library.
Related Past Post XRef:
AvalonEdit, a (the?) WPF code editor component from the SharpDevelop team (think WPF based, monster cool, code editing, IDE like, uber textbox +10)
Working Workflow into your app's. Workflow Studio, a source available example of rehosting the Workflow Designer