As stated on the
Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise
(OSE) site, "
OpenShift Enterprise is a comprehensive enterprise development platform for the cloud era. It provides everything you need to develop and execute enterprise applications—delivered in your choice of private or public cloud."
Scott Collier has been working on putting together a high availability reference architecture for installing OSE on-premise or hybrid Pass solution. This solution includes a demo of deploying a JBoss mobile project to the final architecture. This reference architecture is available at the
Online Resource Library
(limited version) and in the
Here is a preview to get you started!
OpenShift Enterprise reference architecture
The OpenShift Enterprise (OSE) reference architecture is broken up into three parts. The first part is the product and Reference Architecture environment overview. The second part consists of deploying OSE in a distributed fashion. The third part covers a few operations and management activities. In addition, all configuration files that were modified to build out this OpenShift Enterprise infrastructure will be
included on the Red Hat customer portal.
- Component overview
- Environment overview
- Software required
- Hardware required
- Deploy the Broker Support Nodes
Deploy the Brokers
- Mongo replicated set
- ActiveMQ network of brokers cluster
Deploy three OpenShift Enterprise nodes
Deploy the Red Hat Load Balancer Add-On
- Use Microsoft Active Directory as authentication mechanism
- Deploy OpenShift Enterprise Console
- Configure the appropriate load balancing algorithms and appropriate
- Configure the OpenShift Enterprise client tools
- Confirm proper OpenShift Enterprise infrastructure operation
- Deploy PHP applications via command line
- Deploy PHP applications via OpenShift Enterprise Console
- Deploy Java applications via JBoss Developer Studio version 5
- Deploy Java applications via JBoss Developer Studio version 6
- Application scaling
- Deploying applications with Jenkins Continuous Integration System
- Node / Gear / District management