OpenXava 4.8 released: Rapid Development for Enterprise Java
OpenXava 4.8 has many new interesting features such as:
- Nested actions in a drop-down menu in the button bar, by means of subcontrollers.
- Many new improvements in 'My reports'.
- Improvements in list mode.
We recommend you to download it and upgrade your OpenXava applications. Look at the migration instructions.
Nested actions with subcontrollersWith a subcontroller you can grouping several actions and show them in a drop-down button. In your controllers.xml you can write:
<controllers> <controller name="Color"> ... <subcontroller controller="MyProcesses" image="processes.png"/> </controller> </controllers>This adds a new button called MyProcesses that opens a drop-down list.
The options in the drop-down list are from the MyProcesses controller.
Improvements in 'My reports'These are the 'My reports' improvements:
- The user can modify the column labels.
- The columns shown use the labels instead of the property names.
- Hidden columns, they can be used for filtering and ordering but are not shown in the report.
- The default value for comparators is '=' or 'starts with'.
- Combos for @DescriptionsList references.
- 'Generate Excel' action available.
- Summation for columns allowed.
- Report file name is the report title.
Improvements in list modeThese are the list mode improvements:
- Booleans in list and collections are rendered with a green check sign.
- On choosing a combo in list the filtering is executed automatically (it can be deactivated with filterOnChange=false).
- The user can use calendars to filter by dates in list and collections.
- New setLabel() method in Tab to change the column labels programmatically.
See changelog for the complete list of new features and fixes.