Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Download Forrester’s “Vendor Landscape, Application Performance Management” report that examines the evolving role of APM as a key driver of customer satisfaction and business success, brought to you in partnership with BMC.
Once in a while it is worthwhile to take care of your database and verify it can provide the needed resources for your system.
After all, most of the data may be stored in it...
Some Tasks I would Recommend You to Do
that this work may not be done manually, but can be automated. If you do
so, you may be contribute it back to the community at your favorite
open source project:
- Run MySQLTuner and look for issues.
- Take care of fragmented tables:
- You can find them using SHOW TABLE STATUS WHERE Data_free > 0\G and take care of them using OPTIMIZE TABLE table_name;
- Or you can use mysqlfragfinder script for that.
- Verify RAM, disk and CPU utilization
- Check the slow log query
See Forrester’s Report, “Vendor Landscape, Application Performance Management” to identify the right vendor to help IT deliver better service at a lower cost, brought to you in partnership with BMC.
Published at DZone with permission of
, DZone MVB
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.