SIOS Technology Corp. the provider of software products that help IT ensure the performance, efficiency, and high availability protection of business-critical applications, today announced the results of a survey it conducted of small and medium enterprises in North America (88%) and Europe (12%). The survey elicited responses from 518 IT professionals across a wide range of industries to understand current trends and challenges related to optimizing operating environments for applications in VMware infrastructures.
The survey focused on challenges related to finding and resolving performance issues in business critical application environments. The following are key findings based on the survey results:
- The majority of respondents (81%) are running business critical applications such as SQL Server, Oracle, or SAP in their VMware environment.
- 78% of respondents are using multiple tools (application monitoring, reporting, infrastructure analytics) to identify the cause of application performance issues in VMware.
- 44% typically need more than three hours to resolve an application performance issue.
- Only 18% of respondents reported that the strategies they implement to resolve an application performance issue are 100% accurate.
- 5% of respondents characterize their application performance issue resolutions as an “educated guess”.
“While companies are running business-critical applications in VMware environments, ensuring those applications environments are optimized and delivering on their service levels for performance and efficiency is problematic, time-consuming, and inaccurate,” said Jerry Melnick, president and CEO, SIOS Technology. “Advances with IT analytics tools that use Machine Learning technology are proving to drastically reduce the time and effort companies need to ensure delivery of their critical application services by focusing on knowledge discovery rather than data or metrics reporting. Its purpose is to deliver actionable information that the IT admin can use to solve problems.”
For more details, interested parties can download the full survey report here: