Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 11gR1 Released on Eclipse 3.5 and 3.4
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE), the #1 free development environment for Oracle WebLogic Server, is now available on new the brand new Eclipse 3.5, as well as 3.4. This release introduces new tools for Oracle WebLogic Server, easier WebLogic / EclipseLink configuration, and new WebLogic JAX-WS Web Services tools.
This free set of certified Eclipse plug-ins is designed to help develop, deploy, debug, and test applications for Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Database. It installs as a plug-in to your existing Eclipse, or will install Eclipse for you.
Learn more about it.
Get it via Eclipse Update for 3.5: http://download.oracle.com/otn_software/oepe/galileo
Get it via Eclipse Update for 3.4: http://download.oracle.com/otn_software/oepe/ganymede
Download an all-in-one bundle.
OEPE 11gR1 combines innovative commercial features with Oracle's open source contributions to the Eclipse platform. Eclipse developers targeting WebLogic Server, Java SE, Java EE, Web Services, XML, the Spring Framework, and database development can simply use Oracle's Eclipse Update site to access these free tools:
- Server plug-ins for multiple versions of Oracle WebLogic
- Vendor – specific WebLogic support like the new weblogic-ejb-jar.xml and JSR88 Editors
- JAX-WS Web Service development and testing tools, including the new JAX-WS Bindings Customization Editor.
- Object – Relational Mapping Workbench (JPA Entity Editor, Mapping Wizards)
- Spring IDE Project and Spring code generation wizards, including the new Java Web Service from a Spring Bean wizard.
- Core WebLogic Server IDE Support (Deployment Descriptor Editors, Shared Java EE Libraries, etc)
- Oracle Database Tools (Schema Viewer, DDL generation)
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.