Oracle JDeveloper 11g and Oracle ADF 11g Go Production
This major new version integrates WebLogic Server 10.3 and offers key new features in support for Java EE 5.0 and RIA development with JSF. Including an extension to the JSF controller for better reusability and a new set of ADF Faces Rich Client Components.
Oracle just released the production version of Oracle JDeveloper 11g and Oracle ADF 11g which are available for free download from OTN.
This new version, several years in the making, include over 200 new features key highlights include:
- ADF Faces Rich Client – the most comprehensive set of Ajax enabled JSF components and introducing the ADF
- Data Visualization Components
- JDK 6 and Java EE 5.0 support
- Integrated WebLogic 10.3 server for debugging and testing
- Extended database development and modeling features
- ADF Task Flows – extension to the JSF controller that adds reusable task flows, declarative bookmark and back button support, additional memory scopes and more.
- JSF templating
- JSF page fragments, JSF regions and Declarative JSF components.
- Updated code editor (quick picks, easier navigation, and more)
- New Java memory and CPU Profilers
- Enhanced EclipseLink/TopLink integration
- Updated support for JUnit, Subversion, Ant, Facelets
- Many other enhancement to the ADF Framework in the areas of data binding to UI, refactoring, debugging and ADF business components.
A complete new features list, step by step tutorials, and demos are on OTN as well.