OST to PST & PST to OST Conversions with Enhanced Outlook PST Operations
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What's New in this Release?
We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Email for .NET 3.3.0. From time to time, Aspose development team have received requests from our customers about developing an OST to PST conversion feature in the Aspose.Email library. We are pleased to share that this feature has been implemented. Users can now convert OST to PST and vice versa with just a single line of code. This month’s release has also enhanced the capability of PST operations where users can now change a folder’s Container class after creating it. This enables users to view all the contents of the folder, that contains items of different types (messages, appointments, etc.), in Outlook by changing the folder’s container class to IPF.NOTE, for example. Until this month’s release, users could use the Aspose.Email’s printing namespace to print email messages to XPS and TIFF, but there was no facility for adjusting the target DPI of the output images. This month’s release now supports adjusting target DPI for MailPrinter output, enabling users to create output images with high resolution.We have also fixed a number of bugs related to MSG conversions to XPS, TIFF and MHTML in this release. In addition, this month’s release also includes some fixes for issues related to MapiCalendar and some encoding issues. The main bug fixes, new & improved features added in this release are listed below
- Change folder container class in PST
- Adjust target dpi for MailPrinter output
- Implement ability to convert OST file to PST
- MSG to XPS: Inline image now included in the output
- EML to MHTML: Extra images in the output are fixed
- Multi-Value strings corruption are fixed while Pushing MSG into PST
- MSG to TIFF: Extra blank pages generated at the end are fixed
- MSG to MHTML: Incorrect text encoding is fixed
- ImapClient no more works with Gmail
- MapiCalendar to PST: Attachment lost is fixed when MapiCalendar added to PST
- Encoding Issues are resolved
- OST to PST: Created PST can now be viewed in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2013
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Email for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Email for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview:Aspose.Email for .NET
Aspose.Email for .NET is a set of .net email components allowing developers to easily implement email functionality within their ASP.NET web applications, web services & Windows applications. It Supports Outlook PST, EML, MSG & MHT formats. It allows developers to work with SMTP, POP3, FTP & MS Exchange servers. It supports mail merge, iCalendar, customized header & body, header information, embedded files, Twitter & many more. It makes it easy to work with HTML or plain text emails & their attachments.
More about Aspose.Email for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Email for .NET C#
- Download Aspose.Email for .NET
- Online documentation of Aspose.Email for .NET
- Demos of Aspose.Email for .NET
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Email for .NET Forum
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Email for .NET blog
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.