Our Top 5 Drupal Resources of 2015
2015 was an exciting year for Drupal. We gathered with the community at two wonderful DrupalCons (Los Angeles & Barcelona) and numerous camps. Here's a look back at what made 2015 a great year for Drupal devs.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The highly anticipated Drupal 8 made its official debut, and we saw lots of innovative projects using decoupled architecture. We can’t wait to see what’s in store for Drupal in 2016, but first want to take a moment to look back on our top resources published in 2015:
- Drupal 8 Resource Hub: The work of 3,000 contributors over 4 years, the biggest Drupal release ever launched in 2015. In addition to announcing our support of Drupal 8 on the platform, we also launched a hub of Drupal 8 information. Check out this resource for information on the new release and how it reaches its full potential on the most modern stack.
- How Drupal 8 Reaches Its Full Potential on Pantheon: Along with our hub and announcement of support for Drupal 8, we also hosted a webinar geared specifically to running Drupal 8 on Pantheon. Pantheon co-founders, David Strauss and Matt Cheney, discussed our infrastructure stack and workflow tools, wrapping up with an insightful Q&A. Check it out to learn how Pantheon provides the complete Drupal 8 experience.
- Configuration Workflow for Drupal 8 Sites: Sticking to the Drupal 8 theme, this post from Greg Anderson shares insight into configuration workflow for Drupal 8. Check out this blog for information on the new configuration management system as well as configuration workflows using Drush, Git, and rsync.
- Patch.com: A New Media Model Calls for New Media Technology: Decoupled architecture was all the rage in 2015, and we loved learning about various builds, particularly Patch. This case study highlights Patch’s unique build using two separate, or decoupled, instances of Drupal. Read for an in-depth look into how the media platform is innovating with Drupal.
- Decoupled CMS Hub: Similar to our Drupal 8 information hub, we also launched a decoupled CMS hub in 2015. Check out this resource for information on why decoupled architecture is important, how to use it, real-life examples, and resources for learning more.
Enjoy! And, please let us know if there’s any specific Drupal content you’d like to see in 2016.
Published at DZone with permission of Emily Miller, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.