App Dev Cloud with JBoss Generic Loan project.
We have been discussing why application developers can't ignore their stack anymore in the App Dev Cloud Stack series.
We talked about the various layers from the bottom up, but have yet to provide you with any application development tooling beyond the Red Hat Container Development Kit (CDK). All you have so far is an easy-to-install project called the Container Development Kit Install Demo.
We then provided two getting started projects with JBoss BRMS and JBoss BPM Suite products running on the Red Hat CDK. These were just initial setups of the products and the projects you can create there are left up to you to develop.
Watch JBoss Generic Loan project build
Today we bring you a financial loan example with the JBoss Generic Loan demo running on the OpenShift Enterprise layer of your stack, provided by our Red Hat CDK installation.
You can now fully demo and leverage a financial industry generic loan process example based on JBoss BPM Suite through the business central web console running containerized on an OSE pod.
Processing Generic Loans in the Cloud
We will be leveraging previous work that installs the Red Hat CDK. The Red Hat CDK is packaged into a RHEL 7 virtual machine that you can start on your machine after installing this project. There are several choices provided with pre-configured installations, but they all include the basic setup for Docker and the tools needed to start leveraging Docker-based containers.
Processing generic loans in the Cloud
The following container must be started after installing this project for you to get started with the JBoss Generic Loan project:
- OpenShift Enterprise - a containerized version of OpenShift Enterprise can be started that can be accessed through a Web console in your browser or via the OpenShift command line tools. Explore your very own private PaaS developer experience with this container.
Now that the you have the OpenShift Enterprise image up and running, you can start moving the JBoss Generic Loan project into the Cloud with the following steps:
- First complete the installation and start the OpenShift image supplied in the cdk-install-demo.
- Install OpenShift Client Tools if you have not done so previously.
- Download and unzip this demo.
JBoss BPM Suite project in the Cloud. Add products to installs directory.
- Run 'init.sh' or 'init.bat' file. 'init.bat' must be run with Administrative privileges.
- Login to start exploring a travel agency booking project:
( u:erics / p:jbossbrms1! )
Now you are up and running with a fully installed, Cloud ready JBoss Generic Loan project!
For more information around containers, a Cloud stack and why you need to care about this containerized stack for your application development, see the App Dev Cloud Stack series that takes you on a tour of the Red Hat Cloud Suite.
Stay tuned for more!