Pandora - hidden endpoints
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Pandora lives up to its name. It’s a great service if you are in the United States, but not a lot of people know that it offers additional endpoints (that are not public, by the way), that allow querying the service for some metadata.
Here is a short list of endpoints I currently found:
- http://pandora.com/xml/music/artist/ARTIST_NAME – this is the default XML service that can be used to query an artist and get the bio plus the latest album art. Also accepts an &explicit=true|false parameter that will influence the suggestions.
- http://pandora.com/xml/genre – returns an XML-formatted list of featured songs (sorted by their genre). The list is huge.
- http://pandora.com/sponsorship/?feature=p1TrialSponsor – returns some dummy data related to sponsorships. Most likely related to ads pushed to the player.
- http://pandora.com/static/videohub/manifest.xml – also related to ads, but apparently points to the video hub that contains information from the current sponsor.
- http://pandora.com/static/promogallery/manifest.free.xml – a list of SWF file names also related to ads.
- http://autocomplete.pandora.com/s2?q= – after the equal sign you can introduce different words/characters and when you pass the request, raw text data will be returned.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.