PDC10 Async Round-up
The Agile Zone is brought to you in partnership with Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Discover how HP Agile enterprise solutions can help you achieve high predictability and quality in your development processes by knowing the status of your projects at any point in time.
For many developers the yesterday’s C#5/VB11 Async news was pretty exciting. There’s a great deal of information, resources, downloads, etc available so instead of blogging about specific posts like I usually do, I’m instead going to do a quick round-up.
[Last Update On: 10/30/2010]
Original PDC Session Announcement
- Anders Hejlsberg: Introducing Async – Simplifying asynchronous programming
- Lucian Wischik: Inside VB.NET Async
- Mads Torgersen: Inside C# Async
- Stephen Toub: Task-Based Asynchrony with Async
- Visual Studio Async: Meet the team
- amazedsaint's .net journal - C# 5.0 Asynchrony – A Quick Look at async/await in the Async CTP
- Gunnar Peipman's ASP.NET blog - What is Visual Studio Async?
- I Programmer - Microsoft's new way with parallel code
- Jon Skeet: Coding Blog - C# 5 async and choosing terminology: why I'm against "yield"
- Michael Crump - Visual Studio Async CTP for the rest of us…
- Patrick Smacchia [MVP C#] - C# and VB.NET vNext
- Reed Copsey, Jr. - C# 5 Async, Part 1: Simplifying Asynchrony – That for which we await
- ThomasP.Net - Asynchronous C# and F# (I.): Simultaneous introduction
MSDN Blog Posts
- C# Frequently Asked Questions - What’s Next in C#? Get Ready for Async!
- Don Syme's WebLog on F# and Related Topics - C# and VB - towards joining F# with asynchronous programming support
- Fabulous Adventures In Coding - Asynchrony in C# 5, Part One
- Fabulous Adventures In Coding - Asynchronous Programming in C# 5.0 part two: Whence await?
- Jason Zander's WebLog - Tutorial: Pic Viewer Revisited on the Async CTP
- Lucian's VBlog - Async CTP: developer stories
- Somasegar's WebLog - Making Asynchronous Programming Easy
- The Visual Basic Team - Announcing the Async CTP for Visual Basic (and also Iterators!)
Other Link Posts
- Alvin Ashcraft's Morning Dew - Dew Drop – October 29, 2010
- Jason Haley - Interesting Finds: October 29, 2010
- The Morning Brew - The Morning Brew #718
- C# Language Specification for Asynchronous Functions
- Introduction to TPL Dataflow
- Task-based Asynchronous Pattern
- Visual Basic Language Specification for Asynchronous Functions and Iterators
- Visual Studio Async CTP
- Whitepaper: Asynchrony in .NET
As I find more in the coming week or so, I’ll update this list…
Added: amazedsaint's .net journal - C# 5.0 Asynchrony – A Quick Look at async/await in the Async CTP
Added: Jon Skeet: Coding Blog - C# 5 async and choosing terminology: why I'm against "yield"
Added: Gunnar Peipman's ASP.NET blog - What is Visual Studio Async?