PDC10 Async Round-up
PDC10 Async Round-up
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The Agile Zone is brought to you in partnership with Techtown Training. Learn how DevOps and SAFe® can be used either separately or in unison as a way to make your organization more efficient, more effective, and more successful in our SAFe® vs DevOps eBook.
For many developers the yesterday’s C#5/VB11 Async news was pretty exciting. There’s a great deal of information, resources, downloads, etc available so instead of blogging about specific posts like I usually do, I’m instead going to do a quick round-up.
[Last Update On: 10/30/2010]
Original PDC Session Announcement
- Anders Hejlsberg: Introducing Async – Simplifying asynchronous programming
- Lucian Wischik: Inside VB.NET Async
- Mads Torgersen: Inside C# Async
- Stephen Toub: Task-Based Asynchrony with Async
- Visual Studio Async: Meet the team
- amazedsaint's .net journal - C# 5.0 Asynchrony – A Quick Look at async/await in the Async CTP
- Gunnar Peipman's ASP.NET blog - What is Visual Studio Async?
- I Programmer - Microsoft's new way with parallel code
- Jon Skeet: Coding Blog - C# 5 async and choosing terminology: why I'm against "yield"
- Michael Crump - Visual Studio Async CTP for the rest of us…
- Patrick Smacchia [MVP C#] - C# and VB.NET vNext
- Reed Copsey, Jr. - C# 5 Async, Part 1: Simplifying Asynchrony – That for which we await
- ThomasP.Net - Asynchronous C# and F# (I.): Simultaneous introduction
MSDN Blog Posts
- C# Frequently Asked Questions - What’s Next in C#? Get Ready for Async!
- Don Syme's WebLog on F# and Related Topics - C# and VB - towards joining F# with asynchronous programming support
- Fabulous Adventures In Coding - Asynchrony in C# 5, Part One
- Fabulous Adventures In Coding - Asynchronous Programming in C# 5.0 part two: Whence await?
- Jason Zander's WebLog - Tutorial: Pic Viewer Revisited on the Async CTP
- Lucian's VBlog - Async CTP: developer stories
- Somasegar's WebLog - Making Asynchronous Programming Easy
- The Visual Basic Team - Announcing the Async CTP for Visual Basic (and also Iterators!)
Other Link Posts
- Alvin Ashcraft's Morning Dew - Dew Drop – October 29, 2010
- Jason Haley - Interesting Finds: October 29, 2010
- The Morning Brew - The Morning Brew #718
- C# Language Specification for Asynchronous Functions
- Introduction to TPL Dataflow
- Task-based Asynchronous Pattern
- Visual Basic Language Specification for Asynchronous Functions and Iterators
- Visual Studio Async CTP
- Whitepaper: Asynchrony in .NET
As I find more in the coming week or so, I’ll update this list…
Added: amazedsaint's .net journal - C# 5.0 Asynchrony – A Quick Look at async/await in the Async CTP
Added: Jon Skeet: Coding Blog - C# 5 async and choosing terminology: why I'm against "yield"
Added: Gunnar Peipman's ASP.NET blog - What is Visual Studio Async?
Published at DZone with permission of Greg Duncan , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.